Cardinal battalion commander
A strange twist of fate at Riftforge has paved the way for the most overpowered batch of units.
When you look at your new recruitment options, make sure you check out the Gutripper, Varangian, and Bloodhound. OK, enough spoilers!
We've reduced the prices on old units to match those of the new uber elites. In short, all units are now officially 50% cheaper than before.
Based on your feedback, we've also reduced the price of armors (dramatically from 54,000 to 12,000). So if you've delayed armor upgrades, now is a good time to catch up.
The latest unlocked elites
With the six new units, the total unit count is now 24. We are working on making the units more distinct in terms of stats and skills. However, in the meantime you can check out the arwork and get a feel for them based on their signature skills.
- Juggernaut - Holy Champion - Challenges nearby enemies (mass taunt)
- Varangian - Consecrate - Consecrates a single friend (new martyr effect)
- Cardinal - Thermal Implosion - Sucks in and immobilizes multiple enemies
- Bloodhound - Blood trail - Killing an enemy extends damage effects
- Gutripper - Plaguebearer - Poisons and spreads plague (new virulent effect)
- Painkiller - Bad Medicine - Lures enemies to poison them
The new elite units will come in handy when facing enemies like the Caldarians.
Join Riftforge playtest now - get bonus gold!
Just enter your email below for your special invitation. Or visit the playtest signup
. It's a lot prettier.